Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Memory


Tuesday's Blogtember challenge was write about a memory you would like to relive.

The thing about great memories is that when you try to recreate them, they are never as good as the first time.

There are moments in my life I would love to go back to.  There are a few I would do a little differently (you know, that "if I knew then what I knew now" thing). But mostly I think I would like more time with some of the people who have already passed on.

One of the most gentle, loving women that I had the honor of calling a relative was my dear sweet Colleen.  Technically she was my mother's first cousin, so I guess that made her my second cousin, but she was more like a grandmother to me (her kids are my mother's age). When I was young my sister and I used to get to go spend a couple weeks each summer with her and her family.  She never failed to give us the best time, whether it was activities, games, teaching us to cook, or just listening to her stories, it was just a time when the world was perfect to me.  Of course we got to see her at other times throughout the year with our family, for the day usually, but getting to be there for a longer amount of time was always a treat.  I loved her and miss her always.

The kindest women I've ever know. <3


Signature white text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!