Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blogging and Social Media


Today's Blogtember prompt is to discuss ways blogging or social media has changed you.

I'm not really sure I would say blogging or social media has changed me, but what I would say is that I count it as a blessing, both blogging and social media.

First of all, social media, specifically Facebook has been really a neat thing for me. If you have been reading along with my Blogtember posts you will know that I grew up in Colorado but now live in NY.  It may not be obvious to people who live where they grew up, but I think a really neat thing is running into an old friend or schoolmate at random places, like a restaurant or a store.  Since I don't live where I grew up, or even anywhere near, I don't get that.  So Facebook has been to me the 'running into' old friends and classmates.  It is really nice to be able to say hello once in a while and congratulations on special occasions.

Now for blogging...I would never have guessed how much of a feeling of 'community' you could get from blogging.  It truly does feel like I have new friends from many different corners of the world.  I feel emotional connections to some of them that I read often. Even to the point of thinking of them at random times during the day.  Or seeing or hearing something that I know would be appreciated by one of them.

So that's what I have to say about blogging and social media.  As much as it can have negative aspects, I think it has as many positive qualities too.

See you tomorrow!

Signature white text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!