Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Public Love Letter


Boy oh boy, I really fell off the Blogtember challenge last week, so I thought I would try and catch up because I really like doing it and I really think it is good for me.

So Monday's (Sept 16th) challenge was to write a public love letter to someone in your life (it doesn't necessarily need to be romantic), here goes...



I really wasn’t sure who to write a letter to, but after talking to her on Sunday, I decided to write to my baby sister.

Dear Chrissey,
You were born at a time in my life when I had little patience or time for anything that wasn’t my own self.  As you know I was sixteen when you were born and the couple years after that went by so quickly.  After I graduated I went off to college and then came back for a short time, then got married and moved to NY when you were just six years old. I really missed a lot of your childhood. I didn’t get to know you as child, as a pre-teen or teenager.  It’s just been recently over the last couple years since you have been an adult that I feel like we have gotten to know each other. 

I want you to know that missing most of your life is one of the things I am saddest about in my life. I realize that the main reason was just circumstances of where we lived. But through all of these years I still always loved you.  It really meant the world to me the year you came for Christmas.  I love my life here and I am thankful for John’s family and my great friends. It is a little hard to explain, but not having someone that is truly and completely mine has given me a little feeling of aloneness.  I’m not saying I’m lonely, and of course Kayla and Hunter are truly and completely mine, but it is just a feeling I have had for a long time.

Do you remember the melt down I had when you decided to go home? You were talking to momma and daddy and you had told them that you had decided to go home before Christmas.  I just couldn’t deal with the emotions that flooded over me. I wanted to scream that I only got to have you for a few weeks, and now they were going to get you back.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is just the way that my sadness manifested itself.

Now that you are grown with your own husband and children, I am so proud of you. So proud of the amazing wife and mother you are.  Of how hard you work to give your family an amazing life.  I am so glad that you have had the opportunity to live in Germany and explore the surrounding towns, countries, and sites.  Your life has so much more to reveal to you.

My prayer is that you come to know what an amazing person you are. That you cherish the opportunities that you have had and will have and that all your dreams come true.
 
I love you,
Your sister, Angie

Signature white text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!