Saturday, July 27, 2013

St. Brigid's Church

Day 6 blog post of the 7 Posts in 7 Days Challenge.

On our free day during Catholic Heart Workcamp, we visited Lexington, MA.  The town/site of the first shots fired during the Revolutionary War. 

I had no idea what discovery was in store for me as we wondered around the town and took in the historical sites. 

As we came upon one of the Catholic Churches in town, the words on the sign jumped out at me.  Church of St. Brigid. I almost ran to it, after all, my patron saint that I choose twelve years ago at my confirmation was St. Brigid.  It was a really neat unexpected surprise that I am thankful for.

 
 
 
I may tell the story here someday about why I choose St. Brigid. Finding her was an emotional journey that involves events that happened in my life, but just know she means a lot to me.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!