Friday, July 26, 2013

{7QT} Camping + A Couple Favorites

Day 5 of the 7 Posts in 7 Days Challenge by Jen who also hosts every Friday's Seven Quick Takes.  So I'm cheating just a little bit.  One blog post, some pics, and a couple favorites will round out my seven.
7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!
 
 
1. My husband and son went camping last Monday.  That's right, pretty much just Monday.  It was an impromptu trip, supposed to be later in the week, but the weather forecast scared them into going early.  So Sunday evening the packing began, including pulling the kayaks out of the shed to 'de-bee's nest' them. Then Monday morning they were off. They couldn't get a spot on the lake that they wanted (free camping) so ended up at another lake they like to kayak on.  Too bad there were a lot of boats on it, so Hunter was the only one that got to kayak, close to the shore.  The neighbors were noise with barking dogs. And they just weren't feeling it. So early Tuesday morning they packed up and came home.  After all, they decided they could make bacon and eggs just as easily at home.  Oh well, it was good father/son bonding time spent and that can't be bad.
 
Here is some of the proof:
 
2.
Hunter and their Campsite

 
3.
Isn't he cute?

 
4.
The view sure was pretty though.
5.
Just chillin'
  
6. This week I was trying to figure out 5 favorites so that I could link up with Moxie Wife Camp Patton guest hosting this week.  And I guess I just don't change things up enough to get some new favorites. But what I did discover this week were Lemon Twist Oreo's.  ohmygoodness Yummo!!!  They're limited edition, but if you can find them, you must try them.
 
7. And I was able to come up with a second favorite thing this week.  And that is a new blog I came across. So go check out Haley at CarrotsforMichaelmas.com.  She's just the cutest little mommy and funny and insightful. I'm so glad I came across her blog.
 
 
See you all tomorrow for Day 6. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!