Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 2 of the 7 Day Challenge

This wasn't going to be my post for today, but since I don't have six more prepared I'll go with this today and leave 'your originally scheduled' blog post for tomorrow.

So...on the way home from work today I hit a deer!  Yes, it happens around here all too often. But if you have to hit a deer, I would recommend the way I did it.  I just barely caught the tail end of it.  Of course, I jumped on the brake, but I knew it was too late, and I'm so glad the deer was going so fast.  It could have been a lot worse.  So the sound of crunching plastic, deer is gone, and I pull over as I watch the van behind me slow down for the second deer crossing after the first. 

I had no idea what to expect when I got out to look at the damage, and thank goodness, I really had to look for it.  The bumper was barely popped out on the side and just a little deer hair stuck to it.  So here it is (popped back in):
God was watching over me!
 
 
Then there is something I wanted to set straight. (Probably not necessary, but I want to just the same). (And it made me laugh, so it's good to share.) :)
 
Following my blog post yesterday, I put the link to it on Facebook and Twitter.  Later in the evening, I received a tweet from a priest I know.  Here's how the conversation went:
 
 
I'm sure he was very intrigued when he saw the same castle that he had been to on my blog. I am so proud to be able to share it and grateful that he is ok with it.
 
So to set the record straight...the photo of the castle above was taken by Fr. Chris Looby on his last trip to Ireland.  Thanks Fr. Chris!
 
 
One more thing to bring this impromptu post to a close; I ask for prayers for a friend who is 11 weeks pregnant. She has had some major health issues in her life and currently has an issue that shouldn't affect the baby, but none the less, please pray for her health and the health of her sweet baby during the pregnancy and birth.  Many thanks!
 
 
See you tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!