Friday, April 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

--- 1 ---
As predicted in last week’s quick takes, at the last minute I ended up choosing a different phone than I had planned on. I choose the Samsung Galaxy Stellar because the sales guy kindly pointed out that the Stellar was free this weekend with a new contract, where I was planning on paying $100 for the Galaxy SIII. Bonus for me. Although the whole porting of our cell phone numbers to Verizon didn’t go smoothly, it finally all got worked out and I am trying to learn my new phone.
 
--- 2 ---
If anyone would have been watching the first time I got a phone call they would have died laughing.  I’m sure I looked pretty hysterical trying to answer it. You see, I have never owned an Android phone before, so as the phone is ringing, I’m tap, tap, tapping on the green phone icon thinking surely that would do the trick and becoming increasingly more desperate as it wasn’t answering…And as those of you who have Android phones know, you have to sliiiide it…sheeesh.
 
--- 3 ---
One of our neighboring parishes had the first 40 Hours Devotion of the Blessed Sacrament in our Diocese in 30-40 years. I was able to participate in a few of the events, including the concluding Mass, procession, and benediction.  It was beautiful. It was one of the most beautiful Masses I have ever been to. And the procession was absolutely divine. I kept looking back to see the whole line of people and light, it was magnificent. The Mass, the procession, the whole thing was just beautiful!
 
 
--- 4 ---
I hope you are all watching the second season of “The American Bible Challenge”.  The team that won the first episode was none other than a group of Dominican Sisters of Mary.  You can visit their website here.  I can’t wait to see how they make out in the semi-finals…Good Luck Sisters!
 
I’m fizzling out here, so much for a strong finish…
--- 5 ---
I’m also watching the second season of Call the Midwife on PBS.  I really loved last season and am glad it is back.  Have you seen it?
 
--- 6 ---
Baseball season is back…that means that is the other thing our TV is tuned to for the next 7 months.
 
--- 7 ---
What are you all reading these days?? Other than blogs, I’m not reading much.  I’m stuck with a few books I have started, but nothing is pulling me to finish any of them. I could use some suggestions.
 
That’ll do it for this week.  Thanks to Grace for hosting.

1 comment:

  1. Reading...

    The Timekeeper

    The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry

    The Technologists

    ReplyDelete

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!