Saturday, March 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

7 quick takes sm1 Your 7 Quick Takes Toolkit!
 
 
7 Quick Takes Friday: March 1, 2013
1.      I’m pretty pleased with what I have done with my blog header.  What do you think?
 
2.      This lent has been a good one so far for me. I have stuck to my commitments for the most part. I have done well with my Mac and Cheese sacrifice, only had one day where I thought about cheating.  Yay will power! I have kept up with my daily devotional reading (except last Saturday).  I have attended daily Mass every Thursday (the only daily Mass offered in the evening in our parish) and that has been very good for me.  I started back up on reading C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters (thanks Tracy).  I’m not sure if I will get through it before Easter, but at least I picked it back up again, its deep stuff and needs a little time to sink in.  So, so far, so good.
 
3.      I am working on putting my conversion story into text. As I am posting this on Jen’s Blog Conversion Diary, it is entirely possible that a lot of you reading this are converts. I really don’t think my story has got much of anything in it that would be to interesting, but I still feel like I should do it anyway.  I have read a few others stories lately and in the past, but one that got posted this week was from Rebecca at ‘Patron Saint of Indecisiveness’.  Her blog post is titled ‘Why I BecameCatholic’ and you can read it here.  There are a few reasons I appreciate her story, on being that it is not full of fanfare, just like mine.  It was just meant to be and it happened.  For me, the twelve years since I became Catholic have been when the real conversion process has taken place.  Even recently, I have come to know a fuller truth of the Catholic Sacraments.  You can read my previous post here for more about that.
 
4.      What a week it has been. Work has been crazy, a good friend who never gets sick has been down for the count, the dog is half crazy tonight, and I know a few of my co-workers feel like a freight train ran through the place and left it all in havoc.   The weather doesn’t know what it wants to do and I think we are all getting a bad case of cabin fever from our Vitamin D deficiency.   
 
You can just see the crazy in her eyes. :)
 
 
5.      It’s that time of year again when we need to start getting ready and doing fund raising for our mission trip.  We have gone to Boston for the last two years the week of July fourth to take part in one of the Catholic Heart Workcamps.  It is a great week for our youth and the adults get a lot out of it too.  You can look them up here.
 
6.      Have you seen this video?  It’s amazing what love can do and it gives me some hope for the world. I stole it from Fr. Joe’s blog, but I’m sure he won’t mind.  (FYI: it is 15 minutes long)
 
 
 
 
7.      One of our town leaders died last Saturday unexpectedly.  He was a business leader, a community leader, a member of my church family, and brother, dad, and grandfather to many people that I care about. The loss leaves a gaping hole in our small community and he will truly be missed.  Rest in Peace Phil.
 
Go see Jen for all the rest of the Quick Takers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I think it's important to share our stories of quiet nudging because that's how the Holy Spirit works very often! Sometimes, we hold out for a sign or some sort of fanfare when that's not what it's all about at all.

    ReplyDelete

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!