Friday, January 2, 2015

{7QT} 2015 Resolutions



This will be my first Quick Takes with the new host, Kelly at This Ain't The Lyceum

How about some New Years Resolutions?

1. Blog more. I think it is an avenue of evangelization for me, that is my goal anyway, and that is a good thing.  I didn't blog so much in 2014, one of the reasons was that I trying to make some better priorities and one of those was less screen time. I was spending a large amount of time on the computer and felt I should be more present to my family.  Have I succeeded, well maybe somewhat, at least I am conscience of it now, but I have a long way to go. God will keep working on me.

2. Keep on keeping on. I want to continue to grow stronger in my faith, to learn more, to read more, and to faithfully serve God in whatever way he leads me. My prayer every morning is that He always guide me in everything I say and do that day, that I have the fortitude to make decisions based on His will in my life, and that others will Christ in me.  One of the ways I will work on this is by reading the Bible in a year. Brandon Vogt wrote a great post to get you going on this seeming overwhelming task.  Check it out here and see if you can do it to. (At least we are only one day into the new year so it shouldn't be very difficult to catch up)

3. Get healthier.  Gosh, I am bad at this.  I'm trying to make myself see it differently, I'm trying to remind myself that God gave me this life and this body and I need to take care of it.  I just need to be more disciplined. Discipline is always a good thing, it's just so dang hard. I may try The Daniel Plan. From the description: "The Daniel Plan teaches simple ways to incorporate healthy choices into a reader's current lifestyle and helps them understand the kind of foods God created to keep them fit and strong. The book is categorized around five key concepts for optimal health that promote success: faith, food, fitness, focus, and friends. These concepts encourage readers to deepen their relationship with God and offer inspiration as they make positive choices each and every day." Click the image to take you to Family Christian.  (You can probably find it elsewhere, but I like to support Family Christian.)
http://www.familychristian.com/the-daniel-plan-40-days-to-a-healthier-life.html?utm_source=fcsemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MID54535SNO16802842


4. Be more organized in the kitchen.  I really have an adversity to coming up with meals. I just really don't enjoy cooking, and I'm not a creative cook. I get stuck in cooking the same things over and over, which I think gets boring for my family after a while. I will try to mix it up a little but I find it hard to find things that my family likes, and that I can make without much skill or time.  And I have been really bad lately. I am going to try to do better, again that discipline thing.

5. Gain some personal insight. Lately I have come to understand that I am really a creature of habit. I guess I have known it for quite some time, but I have really noticed it lately.  I buy the same things, at the same stores, with very little variance. I use the same cleaning products, personal care items, and even eat the same things day after day. Routine is comfortable to me and when things get out of order or distorted, I get really anxious. So this year I am going to try to help myself try to take a step back, take a minute, to really look at the situation and ask myself if I really need to have this anxiety over this particular instance. Wish me luck.

6. Show my family I love them more.  I want to make extra efforts to do little things for the family I live near and to keep in better contact with my family that aren't near.  I want to continue to strengthen the bonds that God has given me in the people in my life. 

7. And in the midst of all the seriousness of life and work, I want to always remember to look for the joy.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit Kelly for all the other Quick Takers.


Signature white text

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I also want to get healthier and show my family that I love them more. I would also like to blog more, but with a new family member (my baby boy), I don't know how much free time I'll have. Anyhoo.... Happy New Year!!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete

Ooohhh....So happy you are commenting!